Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ooo La La! My 1st meal

I just had my lunch. It is not just any lunch. It is THE LUNCH. Haha. Fine. It is the first time i cook my own meal. Hey, it's a pretty big achievement for me considering the fact that,

  1. My mom actually allows me to cook and,
  2. Allows me to use her kitchen ( my mom never let anyone touch her kitchen, it's her territory)

So, what did i cook? I cooked something simple and something that she has never cooked before- Olio Spaghetti. I had tried cooking it with my friend many months ago but she did most of the cooking. I just prepared the ingredients.


This time round, I did everything from A-Z. Ok, maybe not everything because i still couldn't get my hands on cleaning the prawns. But other than that, i did everything. From the cutting of garlic to the frying of the spaghetti. Haha. I had 80% control of the kitchen because you see, this recipe is new to my mom so she couldn't butt in. For the first time, i am in charge of the kitchen. Haha. This meal turned out to be successful and hmm.. even my mom said that it's tasty and i believe she meant it.


It sure looks yummy to me! haha. The best is yet to come! and it's true that your own cooking does taste better. =)

4 comments:

Wayne said...

So whn u wan to cook for me? lol...

Nicole SunShine =) said...

aiyo.. u come my hse then i cook for u lo. =)

ACgirl said...

You sure you didn't get the picture from the internet ah? hahaha jkjk

Wayne said...

haha...yea amanda u're rite!
mayb she get those pics frm internet n claim tat she does it!!